It’s been a week since my last post. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
1. I’ve been going to CrossFit. Last night I did pull ups (assisted with a band) and wall balls for only the second time, but they already seemed easier than my first attempt at them.
2. I got my hair colored again today. Just in time for the Healthy Living Summit this weekend. Goodbye roots.
I also got a trim to keep my ends looking fresh. I’m trying to grow my hair out a little bit longer. I was originally going for Miley Cyrus’s length, but now that she hacked off all of her hair, I have to be careful what I tell my stylist. I wouldn’t want to come home looking like this:
No offense, Miley. But you look like Butters from South Park.
3. Chloe and I started up another round of dog obedience. I took her to two basic obedience courses when she was younger, but she hasn’t been playing so nice with other dogs lately, so she’s back to work on some of her “dominance issues.”
4. I just found out that I won my first blog giveaway! I won coupons for Almond Breeze almond milk. I’m super psyched, because I use it all the time in oatmeal, cereal, and smoothies. Thanks Anne!
5. I saw this GIF on twitter this week, and I still crack up every time I see it.
So I acquired some pretty cool stuff last week, all courtesy of my friend Maggie. She always finds me the BEST stuff.
Anyway, my swag, instagrammed (follow me! meaganmccrea):
An Alter Eco chocolate bar:
Dark chocolate with quinoa crisps? That means it’s healthy, right? This chocolate bar was SO GOOD. The quinoa crisps reminded me of a Crunch bar (but wayyy better). I intended to nibble at it all week. It was gone in two days. Maggie said she picked it up at Whole Foods.
You read that correctly, folks. WATERMELON BEER. I’ve seen this stuff around on the Internet, but had yet to find it anywhere around here. Maggie found it in Massachusetts this past weekend, and was kind enough to share a few with me. After having one, I can tell you I’m not sure that I’d be so generous. I’d probably be an awful friend and hoard it all for myself.
And lastly, this epic Yorkie print:
Chloe got caught posing. “Doesn’t it look just like me?”
Every chance she gets, Maggie gets me something related to Yorkshire Terriers. I’m not even sure where she finds this stuff. Thanks to her and my brother, I own Yorkie salt and pepper shakers, a board game, a makeup bag, and a lunchbox. I’m totally that crazy dog lady.