I apologize for my blogging absence. I blame this tragedy:
I’ve been mourning. Blake stole my man.
Lauren from Golden Ring Runner recently tagged me in a Q&A post. I met Lauren at the Healthy Living Summit last month. She is seriously the sweetest person ever. I thought this might be a fun way for you guys to learn a little bit more about me!
1. What’s your current running/fitness goal?
I recently started CrossFit, and I have a bunch of CrossFit goals. I’d love to be able to do a WOD, at Rx (as prescribed). I’m still using lighter weights for my workouts.
2. What’s your guilty pleasure running song?
“Stronger” by Britney Spears. It gets me every time.
3. Do you have a favorite post race meal/restaurant?
Lately I’ve been digging protein smoothies after my CrossFit workouts.
4. Do you have siblings?
Yes! I have a younger sister (she’s 19) and a twin brother. People often ask us if we’re identical. I’ll let you ponder that one.
5. Are you right or left handed?
6. Favorite meal of all time?
“Spicy Tofu” at a local Thai restaurant. The sauce in this dish is AMAZING. I would probably give up a kidney for the recipe.
7. Where would you want to retire?
To the house next door to Ryan Reynolds. Or I’d settle for someplace where people will hand deliver fluffy puppies and dark chocolate to my door daily. Does a place like this exist?
8. Favorite day of the week?
Right now, it’s a tie between Tuesday (it’s my day off from work) and Sunday (FOOTBALL!).
9. What did you want to be when you were little?
A TV news anchorwoman. I think I just wanted to wear skirt suits.
10. Cat or dog person?
11. Ever have major surgery?
I’ve had a few surgeries in my lifetime. My most recent surgery was LASIK eye surgery three years ago. It wasn’t major in terms of recovery, but it was major to me since I have perfect vision now! :)
My 11 random things:
1. I always eat all of the brown M&Ms out of the bag. I think they taste better.
2. I can’t wink. I’m not sure why, I just can’t. It’s a total bummer when a cute guy winks at me and I can’t wink back. At best, I can give him an awkward series of blinks.
3. I say “I love you” to my dog like a zillion times a day.
4. Fall is my favorite season. I’m kind of excited that summer is coming to an end.
5. People always think that I’m a lot younger than I am. I’m 26, but people usually think that I look like I’m 20. I hope this is still the case when I’m 40.
6. I didn’t go to Disneyworld until I was in high school. I recently went back to run my first marathon there!
7. I can’t stand the feeling of wet wooden spoons. Whenever I was younger and had to do the dishes, I made my brother wash them.
8. I wish it was acceptable to wear yoga pants all the time.
9. I drive a station wagon. And I love it. Not in a creepy kind of way.
10. I am one of the most indecisive people ever.
11. I don’t like shopping. (gasp!) See #10.
11 MORE questions for me
1. What is the oldest piece of clothing in your wardrobe (that you actually wear)?
My sports bras. It’s definitely time for an upgrade.
2. What is your favorite drink?
Cranberry lime seltzer water or a good mojito.
3. What’s your favorite race distance?
4. If you could give your teenage self just one piece of advice, what would it be?
Spend less time worrying about everything. Be yourself and do your best.
5. What did you study/major in college?
Psychology. I loved studying it, but there isn’t really anything that you can do with a bachelor’s degree in psychology that pays well or that doesn’t make you feel like you’re a glorified babysitter (maybe that’s just me). I would like to apply my psychology background to a job in nutrition someday.
6. Cilantro – love or hate? (I’ve determined that there is no in between on this issue)
7. Brandon or Dylan? (Inspired by the Old Navy commercials)
Is this a 90210 reference?
8. Have you ever run a relay? If yes, which one? If no, why not?
I haven’t! I’ve read a few recaps from bloggers though, and they look like fun. I haven’t had the opportunity to run one yet.
9. How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
I was in Worcester, Massachusetts for the summer before my senior year of college there. My twin brother came down, and we went out with a bunch of my friends and my boyfriend at the time.
10. What movie(s) could you watch over and over again?
Good Will Hunting (and pretty much any other movie starring Matt Damon).
11. How often do you update your blog?
Right now, like never. I’d like to find more time to focus on blogging.
Now it’s my turn to tag some other bloggers. Check these ladies out!
- Kaitlin For Love of Carrots
- Erin Erin Berries
- Danielle Clean Food Creative Fitness
- Danielle It’s a Harleyyy Life
Leave an answer to one of the questions above or one random fact about yourself!